Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Meet the Model: Sophia Rambaldini

Sophia just did this beauty of a shoot with Oyster contributors/ultimate creative duo FEELTHEFUTURE, so we thought it best to get properly acquainted. 



Ruby Heery: Where are you/your family from and where are you currently living?
Sophia Rambaldini: I grew up in Bondi, moved to Manly with my family when I was 10...I am now a city dweller, living in Rushcutters Bay.  
 
Earliest childhood memory?
Hmm, that's a hard one. However, one that has forever been cemented in my mind is the time when I was about three years of age and my dad's friend gave me a baby rabbit as a present. I was so overcome with joy, I pranced about with it and smothered it with affection for about an hour — until it's body went limp. It had died from shock. My dad gave me an education on death that day. 
 
Moment that changed your life?
Haha, the above comment.
 
Five women you look up to?
Definitely Marilyn Monroe, she's a sass pot. Grace Kelly, for her timeless elegance. Cara delevigne, not only because she's a fox, but also because she's a raging nut and I love beautiful women who aren't afraid to look ugly. Adriana Lima, for her sex appeal — you'd be hard pressed to find a dude who hasn't used a photo of her for sexual purposes — and Jennifer Lawrence. What a fabulous goof-ball! Oh, and my mum...good bloody woman! 
 
Best piece of advice you ever received?
Pretty cliche, but just to take life as it comes, and to live in the moment.
 
What does 'beauty' mean to you?
Beauty to me is a certain way of carrying yourself. I think it really all comes down to confidence and a kind yet strong temperament. I think that genetics are just a bonus. I mean, have you ever met a really beautiful girl who was an absolute b*tc%? It changes your perception of someone from being beautiful to something that is rather ugly.
 
What are three things/products you will always have in your bag?
1. Cigarettes 
2. Lighter 
3. Money to buy cigarettes if my deck runs out...yeah, I like smoking. 
 
What would your last meal be?
Okay, we are talking three course here? Entree: chicken liver patte with a very comprehensive arrangement of French cheeses. The Camembert would have to be baked of course. Oh, and a baguette. Main: lobster mornee. Dessert: chocolate soufflĂ©. And there must be an infinite supply of Prosecco! 
 
What animal do you identify with the most?
Definitely a cat...they love affection and they have a certain regal attitude about them.
 
What rules would you instil if you were Supreme Leader of Earth for one day?
EVERYONE would be legally obligated to try chicken liver patte and baked Camembert if they haven't done so already. Also, just discretely, radical social equality...haha.
 
What song do you really wish you'd written and why?
50 Cent's 'Candy Shop'. Haha, how's that song for a sexual euphemism? It cracks me up...novelty purposes only.
 
Best Youtube clip you've ever seen?
Probably epic fail compilations. I could watch the unfortunate experiences of others all day. Wow, that was a bit morbid :/