Friday, May 2, 2014

Fridays with: Charissa D


Our South African beauty Charissa spills the beans on beauty tricks, favourite places and her undying love of Cape Town. Having just flown in from South Africa, we couldn't help but learn more about this drop dead gorgeous beauty....


At the very start of your career, you left your life on your family’s farm and moved to Cape Town to pursue modelling.

What sparked your desire to get up and move to the big smoke?
I’ve always been an athlete, but a big injury made my plans change quickly. My dad suggested modelling and well before I knew it, it was time to leave and make my way alone for the first time to Cape Town. I always believed that hard work can take you anywhere, and I took a chance with modelling and it’s best decision I’ve ever made.

What do you love most about South Africa?
The country has an unexplainable energy that can only be described when visiting. Cape Town is where my happy place is. The scenery and the beautiful balance between ocean and mountains are perfect. The food is amazing and always fresh. We have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and if you surf like I do, you’ll quickly learn that even that is breathtaking. Most of all it’s the people. Like me, we are mostly Afrikaans and English speaking but Afrikaans is just an amazing language. Everyone is friendly and helpful and if South Africa is on your mind for your next trip don’t even hesitate. Head to Cape Town and you’ll see and experience my “happy-place”

What was your first modelling job?
My first job was for the Marie Claire South Africa. It was a main fashion editorial with the amazing photographer Richard Kapple smith. I loved everything about being behind the camera and right off the bat I was hooked and knew I would always love this amazing blessing we call modelling.

Who would you love to work with in this industry?
Bruce Weber

What’s your favourite place your job has taken you to?
The Maldives

What city is home away from home?
The one and only Cape Town

Is this your first time in Sydney?
Yes

You’ve got drop dead gorgeous skin – Any tips and tricks?
Thank you, but I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer when I go out,  I never tan( I have a very dark skin that tans very easily) and my secret at night is I use bio-oil. Amazing product.

The one piece of clothing you can’t live without?
My TopShop boots.

Favourite song right now?
Die heuwels fantasties- buitenste ruim (South African Afrikaans song)

Ideal vacation destination?
Hawaii

Chocolate or ice cream?
Chocolate ice-cream lol ;)

Coffee or Tea?
Coffee!

Denim or leather?

Mmmm…..leather