Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Girl Behind The Riot: Ollie Henderson


We catch up with our Ollie Henderson, the brains behind her latest movement #StartThe Riot

 Ollie distributed her first 100 Tee's to models, fashionista's and photographer's in the know during this year’s MBFWA

The first injection of her home made DIY Tees on the streets caught the eyes of everybody from Vogue to Oyster and every street snapper in between. 

From the countless interviews on the interweb about the movement, everybody's well aware the Riot has begun and it's travelling full steam ahead. With exciting plans on the horizon we thought we'd catch up with the ‘it’ girl herself to learn a few things about her that we didn't already know....


Your hometown is... 
Creswick, Victoria. A small (1 traffic light) town 2 hours from Melbourne.

But you spend most of your days in...
Between NY, London and Sydney.

The one item of clothing you can’t live without?
My goggles. I collect them, mostly cyberpunk ones. I feel like they give me a power up when I wear them.

You collect and love vintage goggles, where and how did this love start?
I think it was born from an obsession with Tank Girl.

How would you describe your personal style?
Space Punk

My go to fragrance is..
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather... dreamy

I’m inspired by...
It's hard to pin point where inspiration comes from. It's can be anything. Yesterday I was chatting to my pal Myf about eclipses whilst trying to watch one and failing due to the clouds. Out of this moment I conceived the narrative for a film I'm making later in the year about desperation and desire. So where did the inspiration come from? My friend? The Park? The Sun? The words we spoke? I think it's everything.

My guilty pleasure is...
One should never feel guilty for seeking pleasure.

In 5 years time I see myself..
Who knows

Favourite place your job has taken you to...
Bones Aries, Argentina.

The dream photographer you’d kill to work with is..
Nan Goldin

Favourite person in the industry right now is..
Myf Sheppard. She came to stay with me for a month and I have just now come back from dropping her at the airport. It's a sad day, but I'll see her again in two weeks when I'm back in NY.

Favourite lunch spot in Sydney?
Yullies. Nice courtyard out the back.

Biggest purchase to date is?
I bought a houseboat in London.

Next big purchase will probably be?
I have just started a new business venture, House of Riot. So I'm sure I will have many big purchases ahead.

What’s the next step for your Start The Riot movement?
I'm making another round of t-shirts which will be available in a couple of weeks and preparing for the next Zine.

Is there anywhere online we can get my hands on a T shirt or are they made to order?
www.thehouseofriot.com They will be up in a couple of weeks. You can keep updated on the Facebook Page www.facebook.com/starttheriotnow

Who’s your ultimate celebrity dream boat you’d love to see sporting your Tee’s?
Tony Abbot

Cook at home or eat out?
Eat out at home? (Sorry I couldn't help myself)

Denim or leather?
Leather

Tea or coffee?
Coffee 


Follow Ollie on Instagram
Follow the Riot on Facebook
#starttheriot