Monday, April 14, 2014

Oyster Magazine's 'Faces of Fashion Week' - Rachel Rutt


"Right now, I'm really heavy into weaving, knitting, and embroidery. I'm part of a weavers guild, I go to a weekly night-time class at the Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild of NSW, it's a dying art form so I really want people to join.

I went to a spinning class two days ago to learn how to spin wool and I was definitely the youngest person there! Then it occurred to me how amazing it was to start so young because I have all these years to become a master.

Jedda from Desert Designs is a weaver too, we've really bonded over it and we're talking about doing something together.

Plus I've got an exhibition coming up this year too, a photography exhibition of characters and costumes I've created."


source: Oystermag.com