Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Interview: Charlotte Lohmann


Tell us about Triforce, how did your creative partnership with Ryan begin?

We were friends for a few years, then he started an 8-bit electronic band and needed a vocalist.

What do you love about working with Ryan?

He's a creative genius and the most motivated person I know, which motivates me to try things I would never have done on my own. He also encourages me and makes me feel like I can do anything!

What music training have you undertaken?

I've had a couple of singing lessons here and there but I'm mainly self-taught. My entire family are very musical though so I have been surrounded by it my whole life. I just started my diploma of music at TAFE which is AMAZING and I recommend it to any aspiring musician.

What shows have you done and where?

We've done a few shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane but our music has changed a lot since then. We took 6 months off gigs to revamp our style and make some crazy animations to support our music. We had our first gig last Saturday with Van She which was pretty cool.

When is the album expected to be released?

In a couple of months...we have a few singles to release first!

Will you have a party to celebrate?

Yes an album release show will definitely be on the cards.

Where do you find inspiration?

From my favorite artists, different styles of music, bush doofs, nature, entheogens and life experience.

Favorite musician of all time?

There is absolutely no way I could pick just one! But my favorite genres are djent (sub genre of metal), deep tech electronic and glitch hop.

What was your new year's resolution and how is it going?

To create more music, move out of home, start studying...I've done them all!

What do you think you will be doing in 5 years?

Playing music in either South America, India or Nepal.

Any travel plans for Triforce?

Hopefully after we've developed a solid fan base in Australia we'll start touring internationally. Definitely a national tour at the end of this year though.

Exclusive interview by Chic Management