Friday, June 20, 2014

Samantha Harris for Beauticate

Our beautiful Samantha Harris shares her favorite features, beauty secrets and reminisces on the start of her career....

My lips are my favourite feature

When I was younger I wasn’t too keen on them because they were different, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve grown to love them.  It’s funny now because everyone seems to want big lips - lucky for me! I don’t tend to wear lipstick, rather I’ll just put on a little of Benefit’s Cha Cha Lip Tint or Lucas Paw Paw Ointment, which I carry with me everywhere.
I’m much more eyes over lips in terms of the makeup I wear. I really like those warm, bronze eye shadows. I have this Stila palette with all of these beautiful eye colours that I find work really well with my complexion. I curl my eyelashes with my MAC Cosmetics Eyelash Curler and I just got this new mascara by Benefit that I’m really into also. I don’t generally like wearing mascara because I walk out of the house with one massive eyelash when it all clumps together, but I’ve found that my Benefit one doesn’t do that for some reason.

I started modeling when I was 13

Back then I didn’t know much about makeup or how to apply it properly.  When I turned 16 or 17 though I started getting the hang of it. I’ve learnt a lot along the way by watching makeup artists do my makeup. I’m always asking for little tips and tricks.
I like the look of peachy tones on my cheeks and have two cream blushes I swear by: Stila’s Convertible Colour in peony and Becca’s Beach Tint. I kind of mix them together to make this super peach. I use the Stila one on my lips sometimes too - it’s so versatile and fun to wear.
I love foundation. One of my favourites is the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation with SPF15. It’s so sheer yet I can still build up the level of coverage if I need to. I use a pressed powder by MAC Cosmetics for touch ups throughout the day.

 Interview by Madeleine Boyd
 Photography by Jake Terrey 
Hair by Amanda Kowalevsky
Makeup by Filomena Natoli.