Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Jessica Gomes for Harpers Bazaar Style Network

"Since stepping into Miranda Kerr’s shoes as the glamorous face of David Jones, Perth born Jessica Gomes has become the toast of the Australian fashion industry. If she isn't shooting for the pages of BAZAAR, or showcasing new season fashion on the runway, you’ll find her on the red carpet."
What does “style” mean to you? 
It’s about attitude. Anyone can wear fashion but style is a true expression of your personality. 

How has your personal style evolved? 
I've been lucky enough to travel the world with my work and have met some incredible designers. This has had a huge influence and my look is now very chic and polished. 

What is your beauty mantra? 
Cleanse, tone, moisturise and let make-up enhance your natural features, not hide them. 

Divulge a recent fashion purchase.
An amazing pair of Céline sunglasses, Valentino shoes and a new Saint Laurent navy duffle bag which I am absolutely in love with - all from David Jones. This season I'll be adding a Josh Goot dress and Dion Lee separates to my wardrobe - two of my favourite Australian designers.

Where do you love to shop? 
The selection is incredible at David Jones. I am based in LA so Robertson Boulevard and Rodeo Drive are both favourites.

"Growing up in Perth it was always very warm and relaxed so I feel more of a connections to summer dressing in this sense. Los Angeles is the same which is why I love it so much."

Do you have a favourite destination in the world? 
Paris. The shopping, the culture, the food - I can't get enough! I'm hoping to celebrate my birthday there later this year. 

Do you believe in “off duty” style? 
Yes, on the weekends you'll find me in something super comfortable and casual with a hint of gangster. 

Are you a shoe or a bag girl? 
That's a tough one! I'll have to say I'm a bag girl... In addition to my new Saint Laurent duffle bag, I recently purchased the small navy Saint Laurent Lulu bag in navy too - it's such a classic style. 

Whose style do you admire? 
I love Kate Moss. She has always been someone I've looked up to throughout my career. Her style is effortless and I love everything she wears - she can make anything look amazing. 

The secret to red carpet dressing? 
It’s important to stand out and take a risk, whether it's showing a bit of skin or adopting a style you normally wouldn't wear.