Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Model moment: Montana Cox


With a turn on Valentino’s couture runway, a starring role in Lanvin’s recent resort presentation, and several Vogue editorials under her belt, Melbourne-born model Montana Cox is reveling in the adventure.

 What do you love about your job?  The travel, the creativity, and being able to meet and collaborate with brilliant people.

Describe your style in a sentence. My style is pretty nonchalant, simple and depends on my mood. I hardly stray from black and white. I'm a pretty classic girl. 

 What fashion item are you coveting this season? I'm still trying to find myself a Givenchy rottweiler sweater!  

What nail polish shades are on rotation right now? Not the biggest nail polish fan, but there appear to be brights and neons everywhere I look. 

 What is the first website you go to in the morning? Pitchfork.com or Arborphilosophica.tumblr.com 

App you can’t get enough of? Spotify! 

What songs are topping your playlist? Too many, but if I had to narrow it down…Frank Ocean’s Thinking about you, Grimes’ Oblivion and The XX’s Angels. 

 What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? The Wonderful Wizard of Oz taught me that, "a heart is not judged by how much you love, but how much you are loved by others." 

Favourite destination you have travelled to so far? The Greek Islands are beyond incredible, but New York will always be my favourite. 

 What do you always take with you on a trip? Without a doubt, a camera. If you weren’t modelling, what would you be doing? Something in film or cinematography, but most likely trying my best to save money to venture overseas.